Availability of jackfruit
Jackfruit comes in various forms. If you can buy fresh jackfruit, we highly recommend it, of course! You’ll have a lot of fun preparing the jackfruit. However, outside of its countries of origin (South East Asia), jackfruit can be hard to come by. Fear not, there are plenty of alternative options.
- Canned in brine – available from larger grocery stores and Asian or Thai supermarkets. Works best in savoury dishes.
- Canned in water– available from larger grocery stores and Asian or Thai supermarkets. Works for sweet or savoury dishes.
- Canned in syrup – available from larger grocery stores and Asian or Thai supermarkets. Works best for sweet dishes.
- Frozen – available from larger grocery stores and Asian or Thai supermarkets. Works for sweet or savoury dishes and is especially great for ice cream or breakfast smoothies.
- Prepacked (plain or in a sauce) – ready to use packs, perfectly convenient.
- Tesco in the UK sell jackfruit canned in syrup
- Amazon UK sell a variety of jackfruit produce, including the moreish jackfruit chips and canned jackfruit in brine or canned jackfruit in syrup
- Amazon.com sell an even wider range of jackfruit produce – including fresh, whole, jackfruit
- The Jackfruit Company, based in the US, have an excellent range – although they don’t currently have stockists in the UK
Learn more about Annie Ryu, the founder of The Jackfruit Company, and her vision for bringing this incredibly versatile fruit to world markets.
Click on the logos below to shop direct.