Jackfruit Ice Cream
Recipe from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- 1 cup/ 250g Jackfruit
- ½ cup/100g sugar
- 1 cup/ 232g Heavy cream/whipping cream
- 1cup/226g coconut milk
- Cook jackfruit with ¼ cup sugar in a medium sauce pot for 30 minutes at low flame.
- Once it is cool enough to handle make puree with cooked jackfruit. And set aside in refrigerator for chill while you prepare rest of mixture.
- In bowl add heavy cream, coconut milk and rest of sugar and mix everything well. To this add jackfruit puree and a chill the mixture for about at least 2 hours or overnight. I gave overnight chilling.
- Next morning make ice cream according to manufacturers instructions.
If you don’t have an ice cream machine, try this method.
- First freeze a baking dish while you are preparing the ice cream mixture. Pour mixture into frozen baking dish, freeze for 45 minutes. Take it out, break up frozen bits with whisk or spatula. Repeat this process at 30 minute intervals until it’s nearly impossible to break apart anymore. Scoop into Tupperware containers and place in freezer until ready to serve.
- Enjoy Jackfruit ice cream.
Copyright ©2014 Zesty South Indian Kitchen by Swathi( Ambujom Saraswathy) All Rights Reserved