Hawaiian BBQ Jackfruit Pizza
Recipe from Live Vegan
- 2 20 oz. cans of jackfruit, packed in brine
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (like Sriracha)
- 1 tsp. cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (optional)
- salt and peper, to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 pizza crust (Whole Foods Market and other health food stores may carry ready-to-buy vegan dough and/or pie crusts)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Thoroughly rinse jackfruit (in a colander), use a fork to tear into shreds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine BBQ sauce, hot sauce, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix and then set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. of olive oil in frying pan over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add onions and garlic, saute until translucent.
- Add the jackfruit and saute until most of the liquid from jackfruit is gone. Mix in prepared sauce mixture, lower heat to medium-low, cover and let cook for about 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place pizza dough on prepared pan and spread jackfruit mixture out evenly. Top with pineapple chunks and bake for 10-15 minutes until crust turns golden. Remove, top with sliced red onions, and serve.
For more fantastic vegan recipes visit KeepinItKind.com